Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse and Keyboard Troubles  (Read 8151 times)

Launchbay07

Mouse and Keyboard Troubles
« on: November 18, 2006, 03:44:51 PM »
I hope I am posting this in the right place as it may be a software problem as well as hardware.

I am really not sure how to list all of my computer's specs, esp. because I am posting using my laptop. But I'll tell you want I can:

I have a desktop PC that was made by eMachines

Anyways, Both my mouse and my keyboard started to act up at the same time. When I try to open something using my mouse, it acts like I right clicked it and chose properties. When I use my mouse wheel to scroll up and down a page, it zooms in and out.

When I type any letter on my keyboard, it repeats it. If I want to type the word "keyboard" it would look like this "kkeeyybbooaarrdd." That's only half the time though. The other half it just doesn't do anything. My backspace key fails to delete anything ever. Other times it does seemingly random stuff when I hit the letter keys, such as navigating backward through my browser history.

I would just assume that my keyboard or mouse had gone bad and needs to be replaced if it was just one of them acting up, but they both went crazy at the same time, so I don't know what to do.

Please help!

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Mouse and Keyboard Troubles
    « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 04:02:57 PM »
    I doubt your mouse & keyboard would have both failed at the same time.

Try the following then we can go from there.

Panda Activescan
    Ewido Online Scan
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 04:31:22 PM by Fed »

Launchbay07

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 04:24:08 PM »
    How can I get to those sites on my PC when my keyboard won't type anything? I can open my web brower and thatt's it :(?

Launchbay07

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 04:27:39 PM »
    Oh wait! I have an idea... I think I can scan it now... 1 sec

Fed

• Sage
      « Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 04:30:48 PM »
      Good luck, we'll keep the light on.
      (Safe Mode + Networking may be an option if your OS supports it)

Launchbay07

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 06:51:15 PM »
      Alright, I scanned with the second one but couldn't get the first one to work with no keyboard capabilities. It found some stuff, deleted it, and restarted my PC, but the problem is still here.

Launchbay07

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 07:30:46 PM »
      Thanks for that keyboard thing -- it really helps! But, unfortunately, not enough. The online scan is givving my trouble. It keeps sending me to some error screen about java. I have the latest java version, so idk what's going on.

Launchbay07

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 09:32:04 PM »
      The onscreen keyboard doesn't work :(

I am at a loss

Fed

• Sage
        « Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 11:20:43 PM »
        Have you tried Safe Mode + Networking?

Launchbay07

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 03:32:28 AM »
        Okay, I got it to scan and here are the results:

Incident                                                                        Status                        Location                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Adware:adware/securityerror                                      Not disinfected               c:\windows\system32\ot.ico                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
        Dialer:dialer.avv                                                         Not disinfected               c:\windows\downloaded program files\gdnUS2339.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                      
        Potentially unwanted tool:application/winfixer2005         Not disinfected               c:\windows\downloaded program files\UWA6P_0001_N91M1807NetInstaller.exe                                                                                                                                                                                        
        Adware:adware/comet                                                Not disinfected               c:\windows\inf\dm.inf                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
        Adware:adware/wupd                                                 Not disinfected               c:\program files\Admilli Service                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:adware/sidesearch                                         Not disinfected               C:\Documents and Settings\Trevor\Application Data\Lycos                                                                                                                                                                                                        
        Hacktool:rootkit/zaqt.a                                                Not disinfected               hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\DP1112                                                                                                                                                                                                    
        Adware:adware/exact.bargainbuddy                             Not disinfected               Windows Registry                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:adware/powerscan                                          Not disinfected               Windows Registry                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:adware/surfaccuracy                                       Not disinfected               Windows Registry                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:adware/sqwire                                                Not disinfected               Windows Registry                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:adware/ist.yoursitebar                                     Not disinfected               Windows Registry                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:adware/ncase                                                 Not disinfected               Windows Registry                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Potentially unwanted tool:application/zango                   Not disinfected               HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{99410cde-6f16-42ce-9d49-3807f78f0287}
        Adware:adware/searchexe                                           Not disinfected               Windows Registry                                                                                                                                                                  

Launchbay07

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 03:36:35 AM »
        Spyware:Cookie/Atwola                              Not disinfected               C:\Documents and Settings\Trevor\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3duked79.default\cookies.txt[.atwola.com/]                                                                                                                                          
        Spyware:Cookie/FortuneCity                       Not disinfected               C:\Documents and Settings\Trevor\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3duked79.default\cookies.txt[.fortunecity.com/]                                                                                                                                      
        Spyware:Cookie/Maxserving                       Not disinfected               C:\Documents and Settings\Trevor\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3duked79.default\cookies.txt[.maxserving.com/]                                                                                                                                      
        Spyware:Cookie/Peel                                 Not disinfected               C:\Documents and Settings\Trevor\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3duked79.default\cookies.txt[.peel.com/]                                                                                                                                            
        Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia                        Not disinfected               C:\Documents and Settings\Trevor\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3duked79.default\cookies.txt[.realmedia.com/]                                                                                                                                        
        Spyware:Cookie/Adserver                          Not disinfected               C:\Documents and Settings\Trevor\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3duked79.default\cookies.txt[adserver.filefront.com/]                                                                                                                                
        Spyware:Cookie/Humanclick                      Not disinfected               C:\Documents and Settings\Trevor\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3duked79.default\cookies.txt[hc2.humanclick.com/]                                                                                                                                    
        Spyware:Cookie/Humanclick                       Not disinfected               C:\Documents and Settings\Trevor\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3duked79.default\cookies.txt[hc2.humanclick.com/hc/28521566]                                                                                                                        
        Spyware:Cookie/Humanclick                       Not disinfected               C:\Documents and Settings\Trevor\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3duked79.default\cookies.txt[hc2.humanclick.com/hc/58340112]                                                                                                                        
        Spyware:Cookie/Searchportal                     Not disinfected               C:\Documents and Settings\Trevor\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3duked79.default\cookies.txt[searchportal.information.com/]                                                                                                                          
        Adware:Adware/SystemDoctor                    Not disinfected               C:\Documents and Settings\Trevor\Local Settings\Application Data\ed945939.exe                                                                                                                                                                                  
        Spyware:Spyware/Virtumonde                    Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\msagent\odcrsv.dll                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
        Adware:Adware/SecurityError                     Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\btynsdys.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SystemDoctor                    Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\cccuxydv.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SecurityError                     Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\ciosdrnm.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Launchbay07

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 03:38:43 AM »
        Adware:Adware/SecurityError                      Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\clqxqpes.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SystemDoctor                     Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\drxqkhcu.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SystemDoctor                     Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\ed945939.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SecurityError                      Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\etmmcsci.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SecurityError                      Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\fjqlswfq.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SecurityError                      Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\fwoydttj.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SecurityError                      Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\jfrgbyyo.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SystemDoctor                     Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\kvmhldwk.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SystemDoctor                     Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\lhsltceg.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SystemDoctor                     Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\lltjlrhb.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SystemDoctor                     Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\lvdqvxsr.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SecurityError                      Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\nyoiijes.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SecurityError                      Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmldkxjb.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SecurityError                      Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\qrsrcvij.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SystemDoctor                     Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\smvjgpei.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Launchbay07

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 03:39:26 AM »
        Adware:Adware/SystemDoctor                    Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\vppedvev.exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
        Adware:Adware/SecurityError                     Not disinfected               C:\WINDOWS\system32\wrlhbmfr.exe

...whew

What now?

Fed

• Sage
          « Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 03:51:50 AM »
          Download, install & update...
          CLEANUP
          Ccleaner
          (During install, uncheck the Yahoo Toolbar option)
          (After install, set Options>Advanced> 'Uncheck the 48 hour box')
          ANTI SPYWARE
          Adaware
          Spybot S&D
          ANTI VIRUS
          AVG Free
          (After install, set Options to 'scan all files')
          ANTI TROJAN
          Ewido for W2K & XP
                or
          A-squared aČ for 98 & ME
          (Winall)

Turn off System Restore if applicable. (ME & XP users)

Run Ccleaner
          Run Ad-Aware
          Run Spybot
          Run AVG Free
          Run Ewido or a-squared (aČ)
          Re-start in Safe Mode
          Re-run AVG Free

Re-start in Normal Mode
          Turn on System Restore if applicable. (ME & XP users)

Then click on the link below for vundo removal instructions.
          http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic18610.html

Then re-run the 2 online scans and come back with any results.

Launchbay07

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 02:31:12 PM »
          I reinstalled the drivers twice and both my mouse and keyboard use wires to connect to my PC

I am currently trying to do all of the steps outlined by FED