Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 'No signal input' displayed on moniter!!  (Read 2908 times)

jojogingerhead

'No signal input' displayed on moniter!!
« on: November 19, 2006, 06:01:51 AM »
Hiya

Sorry if I am repeating a topic, I have searched and couldn't find a similar problem...

I have just moved house and set up my computer but when I turned it on the moniter didnt work, the light came on green, then it said on the display 'no signal input or cable disconnected or power saving', then the light turned amber and it went into standby. I have figured out it is a problem with the computer because I tried out my housemates moniter and it did the same thing. The computer and moniter doesnt bleep or anything when switched on, but the computer sounds like its working, lights/fan are on etc.

Does anyone know how I can fix this, is it a loose connection inside?

Cheers guys!

GX1_Man

Re: 'No signal input' displayed on moniter!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 06:05:27 AM »
Well with knowing nothing about the machine from what you posted I would have to guess.....maybe.   ::)

If it has an add on video card it may need to be firmly seated in the slot. You will have to open the case to do this. Sometimes this happens during a move. If it persists or you want to post a LOT of details about the system, etc. for better help then let us know.

jojogingerhead

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 06:17:57 AM »
Thankyou for replying, I know this sounds really stupid, but I actually dont know wat the computer specs are, because the only way I know how to find them is looking on the computer which I can't do cos it wont work!! I'm going to open the case now and have a look inside to see if the card has come loose...

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 07:30:22 AM »
If you download and run Everest Home and make a report you will know EVERYTHING that is inside that computer, once you get it running.  ;)

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Ruse

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 08:36:08 AM »
Are you sure it's plugged into the video card port, and not the standard moniter port, seen someone make that mistake before.