Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: external hard drives  (Read 2930 times)

becca

external hard drives
« on: September 25, 2004, 06:01:28 PM »
I have an external hard drive that i wanted to install a pc game on and run from but that doesnt work that way it still installs to my computer hard drive and this game takes several  gb  of your hard drive....what i would like some one to tell me is can i  install an os on the external hard drive and  will it work with my computer ? I am running windows xp. any info will be appriciated. oh yes i will not be moving the external hard drive around i only have one computer at home to use it on.

thanks becca ;D

Raptor

Re: external hard drives
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 03:19:20 AM »
I donot see in why you would want to install an Operating System on an external disk. It would load a lot slower than on an Internal hard drive. Plus, should you ever disconnect it or lose connection you may run into some trouble.

becca

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 12:49:51 PM »
i just needed an answer to my question i know the problems  associated with  i just want to know if it can be done. and if it would conflict with my computer that i dont know thats why i am asking

thanks becca

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 01:53:43 PM »
Let me know how it goes..
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 01:54:55 PM by Raptor »

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 03:13:58 PM »
you can use mirror image it maybe listed in disk management....memory failure at present....i may come back to this post..