Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Tip of the week  (Read 5839 times)

merlin_2

Tip of the week
« on: September 26, 2004, 12:07:48 PM »
 Here is a super tip - Just sort your windows system32 and drivers directory according to date and the most recent files are on top. simply delete the files of the last four or five days and you will be surprised how all the problems vanish try this  safemode only....it may help people in the fight against <zombies> trojans/worms/spyware etc..

Raptor

Re: Tip of the week
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 01:46:35 PM »
Ah, yes, I allready see the hordes of clueless people who delete the wrong files and ask us why we'd post such tips.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 03:44:02 PM »
you would have thought by now people the own pc have the sense by now to know what to do with it if they>?DONOT YOUR USE THOSE UPDATES silly ??...some system that is  keeps needing them WHY ??the question is the system is that good  why do you need updates /program/fault/bad scripting/the list could be endless nice scam...but that would be then end of all fixit forums....bring on longhorn after all winxp does keep me going ...thou i do have a super-nap  care off m$oft > that the average person needs nine.30 mins of sleep but wixp keep me awake ..wondering if it may be like the operating systems that msoft ..marking department have tried to sell the user  an infalable system wake up people ...are you being conned is the question i would like to run a poll on this issue ..you can keep winxp i will stick with winme...its weird that bill gates dumped it ...the best system besides win98se...maybe is was to good !as has for the last poster it may help them concerned.... :o
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 03:58:12 PM by merlin_2 »

2k dummy

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 05:02:28 PM »
I agree with Merlin on XP; its a total suck out. Have you ever heard of Paladium or DRM or Microsofts secure computing initiative? SP2 was just the beginning. Longhorn will be the back breaker. You won't be able to run any software that has not been "approved" to run on your machine. But don't take my word for, do your own research.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004, 07:05:19 AM »
There are safer ways to remove redundant files..

Corrosive

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 01:38:38 PM »
I'm agreeing with Raptor here. Methinks beginners would be a little better off with a couple of virtual dishcloths (anti-virus, anti-spyware etc) than the "pour industrial strength bleach all over everything - that'll kill all the germs" tactic.

merlin, Windows ME is four years old now (at least). It's not weird that Microsoft quit supporting it - it's good business sense.

And boys, if you're so worried about all this Palladium malarky, there are hundred's of Linux distro's avaliable for free on the internet...