Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FULL RECOVERY PROBLEM  (Read 2233 times)

eotr

FULL RECOVERY PROBLEM
« on: December 04, 2006, 08:12:00 AM »
Hello everyone,I have been trying to solve this problem for quite a while and have finally gotten up the nerve to seek help.I am using a Pavillion a445c computer with everything inside original.It has Windows xp and sp2 installed.AMD ATHLON,XP 3000+,2.16GHZ,448mb of ram,and the monitor is f1703.After doing a full system recovery from cd's sent to me by HP,the web pages do not open in full screen unless the resolution is set to 800x600.Any other resolution and the page does not fill the full screen.I have made sure that the monitor and driver are recognized by the computer and is not recognizing a default.I have updated the bios from the HP website.Beyond that,I am lost.Everything else seems to be working normally.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: FULL RECOVERY PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 08:23:48 AM »
So, even if you click on the [highlight]Maximize[/highlight] button when you're using a resolution higher than 800x600, the browser windows does not use the full screen?  Will all other applications use the full screen when Maximized?

What browser are you using?  

eotr

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 08:43:42 AM »
First,thank you for responding.When I first start up my computer and hit on ie and open my home page,the window is smaller than the screen.If I maximize the window it will go full screen.If I open another window on my home page that is small and must be maximized also.Each subsequent page opened must be maximized.If I open google it must be maximized.I f not all search pages are small.When I turn the computer off and back on with the above pages mentioned maximized they will again be small.The only pages that are maximized are the ones on my start up page that are not relevant to ie.I can open HP support and that is maximized even after restarting the computer.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 09:06:44 AM by eotr »

soybean

Genius
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 09:14:17 AM »
Try the technique explained in this article: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1191762,00.asp.  Did it work?

eotr

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 09:18:35 AM »
I will go and try that,thank you.

soybean

Genius
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »
Let us know how whether it works for you.

eotr

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 09:52:53 AM »
It worked until I restarted my computer and now the pages are small again.

eotr

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 10:03:57 AM »
Is there something on this computer that controls the maximization?If I remember before,the maximize button had one small square in front of another saying it was maximized and now I must maximize every page.Now it must be clicked on to get the result.I have been on with HP support on so many occasions that I cannot count them and they couldn't solve it.

soybean

Genius
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »
Here's a different approach: Microsoft Internet Explorer > window size

soybean

Genius
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 10:45:14 AM »
Is there something on this computer that controls the maximization?If I remember before,the maximize button had one small square in front of another saying it was maximized and now I must maximize every page.Now it must be clicked on to get the result.I have been on with HP support on so many occasions that I cannot count them and they couldn't solve it.
Here's an image showing the Maximize button:

The button you described (one small square in front of another) is the Restore or Restore Down button.  It restores the window from a maximized view to a former smaller window.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 10:45:43 AM by soybean »