Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help me choose a good video card plz ...  (Read 2894 times)

mido

help me choose a good video card plz ...
« on: December 04, 2006, 05:33:55 PM »
hey guys ,

i am gonna buy a new video card .... 1st which is better ? Nvidia or ATI ?

second , there r 2 video cards i am hesitating between : these are : Geforce 7300 GT , and Geforce 6600 XT

also i wanna know what is the meaning of GT , GS , LE .... ?

plz help me

GX1_Man

Re: help me choose a good video card plz ...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 06:06:35 PM »
Track has been summoned....

mido

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »
Track has been summoned....

sorry ? ... what is that supposed to mean ?

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 07:47:10 PM »
The video card master should be here soon. He knows all things graphics.....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 07:47:29 PM by GX1_Man »

mido

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 07:59:20 PM »
The video card master should be here soon. He knows all things graphics.....

ok thanks ... let's wait for him

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 08:08:37 PM »
While you're waiting, I suggest you tell us whether you use your computer for gaming and perhaps give us some idea of the games you're most interested in.  

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 12:25:29 AM »
    hey guys ,

second , there r 2 video cards i am hesitating between : these are : Geforce 7300 GT , and Geforce 6600 XT

plz help me

Track has arrived *Odd hush*

First off, there is no difference beetween companies, only products.
    The name of a graphics card goes by this:

7 - the series of the graphics card, 3 - indicates the family of the card, how high or low end the card is, and thus it's performance. The lower the number is, the lower the performance overall and the price.
    Low-end - 7300, Mid-range - 7600, High-end - 7800/7900 (of the 7 series from nVidia)

Then u have LE, GS, GT, GTX, GTO, or simple the number itself. These are another indicator of performance, following the number. 7300 GT is more powerfull than the 7300 GS, for instence.
    LE/XT - The lowest end possible, lower than having no letter following.
    GS - A shortened down version of the GT, could have less pipelines or even a weaker core.
    GT - A shortened down version of the GTX, could have less pipelines.
    GTX - The most powerfull card of the certain family. Only seen in high-end cards.
    GTO - A card that is made at the end of a certain series' life span for less, in order to sell whatever is left of the GPUs. Almost as good as the GTX, for less.. great find.

You have the 7800 GTX/GT, 7600 GT/GS, 7300 GT/GS/LE.

Now, the 7300 GT is a low-end card of the '7 series' of graphics card from nVidia, but is the highest of the 7300 family, being GT. The 6800 XT is a high-end card of the '6 series', but is the lowest of the 6800 family, being XT.
    The 6800 XT is a better choice for 100$, than the 7300 GT.

I reccomand u buy the X800GTO for 125$. Its an ATI card, and its the best card there is, for that ammount. Its more powerfull than the 7600 GT and can become as powerfull as the 7800 GT(!) if u unlock it's pipelines. Im sure u can figure just how amazing that is now.

Good Luck!

EDIT: If found the X800GTO for 99$! http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2458778&Sku=D15-9008&SRCCODE=PRICEGRABBER&CMP=OTC-PRICEGRABBER

[highlight]I reccomand that everyone buy this. [/highlight] ;)
    « Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 12:29:07 AM by Track »
    That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!

mido

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 03:56:46 AM »
    hey guys ,

plz help me

Track has arrived *Odd hush*

First off, there is no difference beetween companies, only products.
    The name of a graphics card goes by this:

7 - the series of the graphics card, 3 - indicates the family of the card, how high or low end the card is, and thus it's performance. The lower the number is, the lower the performance overall and the price.
    Low-end - 7300, Mid-range - 7600, High-end - 7800/7900 (of the 7 series from nVidia)

Then u have LE, GS, GT, GTX, GTO, or simple the number itself. These are another indicator of performance, following the number. 7300 GT is more powerfull than the 7300 GS, for instence.
    LE/XT - The lowest end possible, lower than having no letter following.
    GS - A shortened down version of the GT, could have less pipelines or even a weaker core.
    GT - A shortened down version of the GTX, could have less pipelines.
    GTX - The most powerfull card of the certain family. Only seen in high-end cards.
    GTO - A card that is made at the end of a certain series' life span for less, in order to sell whatever is left of the GPUs. Almost as good as the GTX, for less.. great find.

You have the 7800 GTX/GT, 7600 GT/GS, 7300 GT/GS/LE.

Now, the 7300 GT is a low-end card of the '7 series' of graphics card from nVidia, but is the highest of the 7300 family, being GT. The 6800 XT is a high-end card of the '6 series', but is the lowest of the 6800 family, being XT.
    The 6800 XT is a better choice for 100$, than the 7300 GT.

I reccomand u buy the X800GTO for 125$. Its an ATI card, and its the best card there is, for that ammount. Its more powerfull than the 7600 GT and can become as powerfull as the 7800 GT(!) if u unlock it's pipelines. Im sure u can figure just how amazing that is now.

Good Luck!

EDIT: If found the X800GTO for 99$! http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2458778&Sku=D15-9008&SRCCODE=PRICEGRABBER&CMP=OTC-PRICEGRABBER

[highlight]I reccomand that everyone buy this. [/highlight] ;)

thanks for the awsome reply track ... u really are an expert :)

now , i dont have a lot of options in my country .... so the best of what  i got is these 2 cards ... 7300 GT , and 6800 XT ... there is also the ATI X1300 ....... so i guess i will go with the 6800 XT .... if u have any final comment ... plz tell me .... thanks again

soyabean , i want the videocard for gaming no more ... i wanna be able to play the latest games like fifa , need for speed , civilization  ... etc
    « Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 03:59:50 AM by mido »

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 06:44:50 AM »
      6800 XT is better than X1300 or 7300 GT.

Where do u live?

mido

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 09:21:38 AM »

Where do u live?

i live in Egypt ... what about X1600 ... i found it today at a reasonable price

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 07:49:18 AM »

Where do u live?

i live in Egypt ... what about X1600 ... i found it today at a reasonable price

X1600 is better than 7300 GT for the same price.