Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Flash drive not working properly? stmp3410  (Read 3589 times)

raiderxx

Flash drive not working properly? stmp3410
« on: December 05, 2006, 08:04:45 PM »
Well, I'll try to give you as much info as possible.. I have an old mp3 player which I now only use as a 64 meg flash drive. It' called the Creative MuVo. Lately, I haven't been able to access the "removable disk" under my computer. When I plug it in, it seems to recognize that SOMETHING has been plugged into it (my pc), but it either gives me three beeps then does nothing and shows nothing, or gives me the found new hardware: stmp3410. Then it tries to auto download somthing, then, doesnt seem to find anything. This has never happened before. Is my flash drive broken? Or is there something Im now doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Flash drive not working properly? stmp3410
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 08:17:47 PM »
The only thing I can think of is that maybe you need to update usb drivers for your motherboard, or maybe It came with drivers itself(I doubt it) that need to be updated. Other than that, this is the best advice I can give.
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

raiderxx

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 08:26:05 PM »
Also I should add, I tried on other computers and got the same results.

fffreak

Adviser

• Yes
    • JSPCRepair
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 08:32:36 PM »
Your flash drive maybe damaged also.
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

raiderxx

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 09:02:03 PM »
Thats what Im assuming, Im just wondering what the "stmp3410" means. That must mean its not COMPLETELY destroyed.

fffreak

Adviser

• Yes
    • JSPCRepair
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 09:40:42 PM »
Either you need to configure your firmware and drivers for the computers you tested it on or your flash drive is plain damaged.

http://www.lexar.com/support/faqs_jumpdrive_music.html

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 09:52:05 PM »

If it doesn't work on any computer it would indicate to me that the drive has issues. Luckily they are pretty cheap.

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 09:52:33 PM »
Thats what Im assuming, Im just wondering what the "stmp3410" means. That must mean its not COMPLETELY destroyed.

Who made that up?  ::)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 10:21:06 PM »
You might try formatting it and see whether that restores functionality.  

raiderxx

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 10:44:32 PM »

If it doesn't work on any computer it would indicate to me that the drive has issues. Luckily they are pretty cheap.

Unfortunatly, this has some sentimental value. If not I wouldnt have bothered even trying for a 64 meg and I would have bought a new better one by now.  :'(

Who made that up?  ::)

I meant that because it is recognising it, and displaying something, then something in it is working in it for the computer to give me that message. Of course, I could be completly wrong...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 10:47:50 PM by raiderxx »