Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Severe Monitor crash problem!!!!Help!  (Read 2058 times)

ruben300

Severe Monitor crash problem!!!!Help!
« on: December 06, 2006, 04:33:47 PM »
I have this problem with my 15" LCD AL1511 Monitor. I think that the problem can be fixed by buying a larger size but i want to find an alternative. Whenever i am playing full screen game (high graphic or not...i know the comp isn't the problem) the monitor at some point(10 mins, one hour etc) just goes black and its shows a box saying "No Signal" . The only option then is rebooting my comp.
Sometimes i can fix this by changing the resolution. This is a real prob because there are lots of games i haven't been able to play due to this. Like right now..i just d/l Halo for PC..and it gets that problems. Oh and the problem doesn't always happen on full screen games only sometimes....but always on the same games

New: i got also an 17" LCD Pro-view and it seems way better...it has like 10 types of resolutions unlike my other one that has 3..only.

Please NOTE : my computer can handle these games perfectly(no lag or anything...plus it also happens in a 39mb game and on ...Maplestory...lol) So i doubt my Alienware is the problem
Help for any of these would be perfect. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit/Delete Message

downundersteve

Re: Severe Monitor crash problem!!!!Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 11:32:29 PM »
Hi
There are only 4 options I can think of that might cause this.
Try them in this order:

1. Your power settings in XP might be turning off your monitor, unlikely because you are using the PC but worth checking anyway.
Look in control panel > Power Options, look at the monitor option, select turn off monitor, set it to 'never'.

2. Your video card or PC could be overheating, take the side off your PC, (as long as this will not void warranty) check all fans are running.
Run you PC for a while with the case open to increase airflow for a while.

3. Faulty Monitor        <---- Do you have access to another you can try?
4. Faulty Video card.  <---- Do you have access to another you can try?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:38:10 PM by downundersteve »

ruben300

Re: Severe Monitor crash problem!!!!Help!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 06:55:06 PM »
Well idk i doubt it's any of those but thnks. I have no way of tryin out a diffrent vid card but i tried all the other before. Ive had this problem since i got the computer....a year ago. Also i played Anarchy online and this problem in only minutes....yet once i put the game in windowed mode the problem stoped. The problem always happen in fullscreen games(not in every game)

In WoW for example i just had to change the resolution inside the game and it worked. Thks for trying to help out though ;)