Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Floppy Drive Help!  (Read 2020 times)

GedAwey

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Floppy Drive Help!
    « on: December 06, 2006, 06:58:20 PM »
    ok A: i'm new here... HI!!!! B: my floppy drive isn't in the My Computer on my deskop
    i'm running WindowsXP and it goes so far as to that it doesn't even recognize my floppy drive so i can't tell what brand it is but the problem is that i'll put a floppy disc in and then go to my computer to go to drive A: (the common drive letter for floppys) and it's not there and it's not under anyother drive letters either because i've checked... so if anyone could please help i would appreciate it!
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 06:58:59 PM by GedAwey »

GX1_Man

Re: Floppy Drive Help!
    « Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 07:30:06 PM »
    What happened prior to this? I am assuming that it used to work so something has changed.

Is the floppy seen in the BIOS/Setup screen? Is the floppy seen in Device Manager?

GedAwey

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 03:39:33 PM »
      yeah it was working before i moved then i set my computer back up and bam... it didn't work my computer brand is Medion and running Windows XP Home (not pirated i did that genuine check thing)
      and like i said i stick in a floppy disk and it doesn't even know it's there. not in the device manager or nothing. well in Device Manager it has a Standard Floppy Controller but theres no updates i've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work...
      « Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 03:40:03 PM by GedAwey »

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 04:10:42 PM »
      Time to recheck all of the connectors for snugness. A move can sometimes knock things loose.

GedAwey

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 03:12:55 PM »
        alright thanks for the help.