Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP kayak XA-s Problem  (Read 2712 times)

extreme

HP kayak XA-s Problem
« on: December 08, 2006, 09:35:31 AM »
my moom has and old HP kayak XA-s 400MHz it continues to give fan cpu error what shuld i do

centerstage

Re: HP kayak XA-s Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 09:50:28 AM »
Your moom, huh? I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you meant "mom."

MUCH more information about the problem would be appreciated. Please tell us exactly when you get this error messege, exactly what it says if possible, and as much technical information on the system as possible.

With what information you've given, all I can say is there might be a problem with your CPU fan. Overheating issue maybe?

extreme

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 10:01:48 AM »
:) :) :) It is saying that (fan cpu ) or (fan 10 slot Error) or (Fan *censored* error ) these errors it is showing
and by the way what is wrong with having a 400 MHz Pc  

centerstage

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 10:10:23 AM »
Nothing is wrong with 400 MHz. I myself still have a Pentium II system.

I'd still like to know when you are getting this messege. Does it come up right when you are booting up? Do you hear any beeps coming from inside the computer? We still need much more information about the error messege itself and about your computer.

extreme

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 10:26:16 AM »
yes when is starts to boot up then from in the pc fans first they speed up and then becomes slow and this thing is continues sound like (WOOOOOO.....then slows down then WOOOOOO and so on)
this is the prob

extreme

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 10:34:57 AM »
yes on the booting up it begins to make sound like (WOOOOO... thw slows down then again WOOOOO and so on it contunies )

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 12:52:20 PM »
You have to correct the fan problem. As I recall they were an uunusual size fan and the connection was tricky. It mounts in the top of the case.

Did it just quit or do you know the history of this computer?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 12:53:11 PM by GX1_Man »