Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Power supply issue???  (Read 1660 times)

jonhh610

Power supply issue???
« on: December 08, 2006, 04:52:55 PM »
I am the owner of a Dell Dimension 8200 computer.  It has a 2.54mhz Pentium processor, 512mb of ram, and an older Geforce 4 graphics card.  I have had very few, if any issues with it until now.  I left my computer on overnight (it went into hibernation mode) and turned the monitor off.  When I woke up this morning, I went to turn the monitor on and my computer was non-responsive.  The monitor gave me an error message of not receiving a signal.  I attempted to restart my computer using the ctrl+alt+delete method and it was completely non-responsive.  I turned off my computer and let it set for about 10 minutes then I attempted to start my computer again.  Lights, fans, and even the LED lights on the back came on but the computer failed to boot.  The lights were literally on, but nobody was home.  I have opened up the computer and assured that all of the cards were snapped tightly in place, no cords loose, nothing seemed out of the ordinary on the motherboard either.  I removed the lithium battery for 30 seconds and replaced it.  None of these things seemed to help  :-/ .  Any thoughts?

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Power supply issue???
    « Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 05:40:21 PM »
    My thoughts are the same as yours, PSU issue.
    When you boot do you see anything on the screen?

GX1_Man

Re: Power supply issue???
    « Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 06:11:27 PM »
    My thoughts are to call Dell for a replacement power supply. Most of theirs are proprietary. You cannot just go buy one at the local computer parts store.  ;)