Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error HDD partitions  (Read 1909 times)

h2q1

Error HDD partitions
« on: December 11, 2006, 08:29:09 AM »
I splited my HDD (Samsum 80GB SATA) into3 partitions (NTFS), WinxpSP2. Then I installed and removeed many different softwares, I access HDD with HirenBoot CD 8.0 by PQ Magic 8.5 . But have error, I can't see    paritions which I created. (I want split more paritition for Linux).
(Now, I only know a only way is format my HDD, but if I do so, I'll lost all data).

Somebody help me? :(

Tinygnome

Beginner
    Re: Error HDD partitions
    « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 04:24:46 PM »
    did your make the partion then format it???  thats the only way i think you make the partaition then format the partition then you can use it

also i recommend getting  larger hard drive for XP2 if your making more than 3 partitions
    BBY store 0004

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 06:04:42 PM »
    This sounds like a total disaster.  ::)

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:09:25 PM »
    This sounds like a total disaster.  ::)

Brings back fond memories--------->'TSTOAC'  ;D

I try not to use Acronymical Terminology.> Only LOL ,or
    ROTFLMAO- and T.W.A.  tea of course. ;D
    « Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 05:30:01 AM by street1 »
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

phoenix910

Hopeful

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 05:05:53 AM »
      If you're having trouble, try using Norton PartitionMagic. I have had a great deal of success with it numerous times. Although you do have to buy it, there is probably a trial copy of it available on the internet for download. You could also take your hard drive to a separate computer (probably a mates) and see if you can access it there. If you can, copy over all the files, reformat and repartition everything, then put all your files back on your hard drive.