Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer only starts in safe mode  (Read 3188 times)

powers

computer only starts in safe mode
« on: December 16, 2006, 07:17:50 AM »
 i got my computer out of the current password state in which it was in, and able to boot up, but now after the windows splash screen it will blink..a blue screen will blink and then it will take me too the start comp in safe mode screen if i select start computer normal then it will reboot if i start in safe mode then it will start up,,, any ideas..                               thank you

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: computer only starts in safe mode
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 07:21:13 AM »
Post alot more info about this machine and the OS and what happened prior to this and someone will be along shortly to assist...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 07:23:34 AM »
You might try a system restore to a point before all of this happened:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

If that does not work, do you have a real Windows CD as opposed to some sort of recovery disk? If so, you could do a repair install:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

Keep us posted.

powers

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 07:37:04 AM »
 sorry this was an add on to my previous post- computer will not boot up-enter current password.. thats why i didnt explain it sorry...

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 07:59:37 AM »
And we still have a minimal amount of info to go on...

I'll be back with my pliers...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

powers

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 09:48:50 AM »
ok i went into system>advanced>startup and recovery-unchecked automatic reboot option.. and now i can see the messege on the blue screen it reads as follows...
 a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

if this is the first time youve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer if this screen appears again follow these steps.

run a system diagnostic utility supplied by your hardware manufacturer in particular run a memory check and check for faulty or mismatched memory  try changing video adapters.

disable or remove any newly installed hardware and drivers. disable or remove any newly installed software. if you need to use the safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press f8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode

technical information
 *** stop: 0x0000007f (0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

that is everything thank you if anyone can help
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 09:56:56 AM by powers »

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 05:44:26 AM »
    lilanzboy,

Please start your own thread for help with your specific problem. Although your issues may sound similar and actually be similar this reduces confusion for all.

Thanks.