Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: comp. screen goes black af/ windows xp load screen  (Read 2695 times)

tmandudeguy

comp. screen goes black af/ windows xp load screen
« on: December 20, 2006, 07:08:22 PM »
Ok so i go on my computer and try to empty my recycle bin but the computer freezes. so i have to manually shut it down by holding the power button. this has been happening alot lately because the computer keeps freezing everytime i empty the recycle bin. i am not the admin so i have limited rights(maybe thts why?). so i push down the power button (which i know isnt good to do) and wait a while and start the comp again. this time after the windows xp load screen loads and is suppose to take you to the password screen the screen goes black after the load screen. Noting works i turned off the power outlet i restarted the computer by holding down the power button too. please help i will give points anything to anyone who can help me. my bro is gona kill me if he finds out. hes a computer nerd and i know he can fix it but *censored* kill me if finds out. PLEASE HELP!!!

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    Re: comp. screen goes black af/ windows xp load sc
    « Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 08:38:11 AM »
    now why would he do that? you just tried to empty the bin.. what windows do u have?

when did this start happening? how much free hard drive space do you have? windows needs at least 15% to work right..

how much stuff is in the bin?

unlovedwarrior

GX1_Man

Re: comp. screen goes black af/ windows xp load sc
    « Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 04:54:41 PM »
    Time to come clean with the administrator of the system. Honesty IS the best policy.  ;)