Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help with error messages when i run some programs  (Read 2006 times)

lealue21

help with error messages when i run some programs
« on: December 24, 2006, 08:21:17 AM »
 when i try to run some programs (i.e games, typing program things like that) my computer will not run them i get a message saying that the program has encountered an error and must close. Some of the programs i have been able to install and run the frist time but i had uninstalled them to free up some space and decided to reinstall them and now they won't run.i'm not really good with computers but i hope someone can help
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 08:28:16 AM by lealue21 »

lealue21

Re: i really hope someone can help me
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 08:22:06 AM »
oh and my computers only about 6 months old a dell dimension E510

HDL_CinC_Dragon

Re: help with error messages when i run some progr
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 10:35:10 AM »
does it say it encountered an error or it performed an illegal operation? Also, what version of Windows are you running? Do you shutdown your computer by the start menu shutdown button or the button on the computer? Do you shutdown your computer every night when you go to bed?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 10:35:51 AM by HDL_CinC_Dragon »

lealue21

Re: help with error messages when i run some progr
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 01:56:47 PM »
i have windows xp i don't shut it down every night but when i do its through the shut down button (under the start menu)although my kids have shut it off just by using the button a couple times. the error message says
Empire earth.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.
and i have played empire earth before on my computer before i uninstalled it now that i reinstalled it,it doesn't work
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 01:58:15 PM by lealue21 »