Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NEverwinter Night's 2 problem...  (Read 3332 times)

crawfu

NEverwinter Night's 2 problem...
« on: December 25, 2006, 05:53:54 PM »
I contacted Atari's customer support regarding an issue with the game Neverwinter Nights 2 and they listed this site as one of the ones to try until their customer support is relocated.  I originally tried to run this game on an AMD Sempron 2800+ with 1Gb of ram and a Radeon X700 AGP video card.  I have since upgraded to an Athlon 64 3500+, 2Gb ram, Radeon X1600 PCI-E w/512Mb ram, and Windows XP Pro 64-bit edition.  The error message I receive when trying to run the game is the same with either setup.  I installed NWN 2 immediately after installing all drivers on the new setup.  I allowed it to install the full version of DirectX 9.0c.
The error message is as follows:
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."
The attached image is a screenshot of the error message.
I receive this message when clicking on play on the game menu.  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Track

Apprentice

Re: NEverwinter Night's 2 problem...
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 07:05:56 PM »
    "I get emails all the time saying the same thing. People install the game, launch it and then get the error that the game won't launch and it lists this error code (0xc0000135).

The fix is simple, you just need to make sure you have the Microsoft .Net Framework installed."
    « Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 07:06:36 PM by Track »
    That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!

crawfu

Re: NEverwinter Night's 2 problem...
    « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 07:44:27 PM »
    Thank you, I uninstalled Microsoft.net 2.0 and then re-installed it and now it works.  Don't know why it wouldn't before...  It was installed on my original setup as well.  Oh well, that's what makes Windows so much "fun" to work with... lol.