Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DVD RAM drive problem  (Read 2753 times)

mido

DVD RAM drive problem
« on: December 26, 2006, 07:48:34 AM »
hi all ,

i bought a new "samsumg"  DVD RAM , but when i enter an empty CD or empty DVD to burn , it gives me the following message

it reads CDs and DVDs normally though  :-?

can anybody help me with that ?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 07:49:07 AM by mido »

mido

Re: DVD RAM drive problem
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 04:47:53 AM »
why nobody answers to my problem .... plz heeeeelp me  :'(

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 06:01:37 AM »
A blank disc has nothing on it, nothing to read. Why do you think you should be able to access it? Does it write OK? If not, that is another issue. THe fact that it reads normal discs indicates there is nothing wrong. What software are you using? How are all the drives jumpered?

So how is this a problem?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 06:02:05 AM by GX1_Man »

mido

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 06:40:13 AM »
A blank disc has nothing on it, nothing to read. Why do you think you should be able to access it? Does it write OK? If not, that is another issue. THe fact that it reads normal discs indicates there is nothing wrong. What software are you using? How are all the drives jumpered?

So how is this a problem?

Even if it's a blank CD or DVD .... the normal thing is to read it and indicate its a blank ( 700 MB free , 0 bytes used ) .... am i right ?

anyway , of course i tried to write on it but also this couldnt happen .... i use Nero 7 software , the DVD RW drive is jumpered as a slave ....

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 08:18:48 AM »
Even if it's a blank CD or DVD ....[highlight] the normal thing is to read it and indicate its a blank ( 700 MB free , 0 bytes used ) .... am i right ?[/highlight]
anyway , of course i tried to write on it but also this couldnt happen .... i use Nero 7 software , the DVD RW drive is jumpered as a slave ....

That NEVER happens on my computers, at least onscreen.  ;)

mido

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 09:41:35 AM »
Even if it's a blank CD or DVD ....[highlight] the normal thing is to read it and indicate its a blank ( 700 MB free , 0 bytes used ) .... am i right ?[/highlight]

That NEVER happens on my computers, at least onscreen.  ;)

well it used to happen with me with my old CD writer ...

so nobody got a clue ?

mido

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 04:53:42 AM »
come on i need help for god sake

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 05:03:16 AM »
Calm down.
Maybe we're busy, maybe we don't know.
What exactly is the problem?
All I'm seeing is that it doesn't read blank disks - is this a problem?
If so, why?  What does it stop you doing that you need/want to do?

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 05:59:57 AM »
Funny, I thought I asked that, but never got a response. Maybe that is why the ideas quit coming.  ::)

mido

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2006, 06:08:19 AM »
Funny, I thought I asked that, but never got a response. Maybe that is why the ideas quit coming.  ::)

Oh yeah ? i think i told u that i tried burning with nero and it failed , didnt i ? plz read few posts above

Calum , i think i stated my problem clearly this time ..... I cant burn normal data on CD's , DVD's using Nero ... i tried burning an image using alcohol though and it worked .... now i am confused

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2006, 06:29:44 AM »
What actually happens when you try and burn data CDs?
Can you burn other types of CD, such as music CDs?
Does this happen with all brands?

mido

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2006, 07:53:29 AM »
i tried burning 2 CDs now and it worked  :o .... i swear i tried 3 CDs before and they all failed .... maybe i am going crazy or something .... thanks Calum again and again though u did nothing this time  ;D

anyway , still this "inaccessible " problem bothers me .... but i guess it's of no importance now since i can burn the CDs

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2006, 08:33:49 AM »
thanks Calum again and again though u did nothing this time  Grin
No problem, glad to . . . post? lol.
anyway , still this "inaccessible " problem bothers me .... but i guess it's of no importance now since i can burn the CDs
If you can burn the CDs I wouldn't worry about it.
If I try to access a blank CD I get a blank window, nothing in it.

GX1_Man

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 04:58:50 PM »

Oh yeah ? i think i told u that[highlight] i tried burning with nero and it failed [/highlight], didnt i ? plz read few posts above

Calum , i think i stated my problem clearly this time ..... I cant burn normal data on CD's , DVD's using Nero ... i tried burning an image using alcohol though and it worked .... now i am confused

That statement didn't really say a lot like how it failed, what the error message was, etc.

Your quote was:

i tried to write on it but also this couldnt happen .... i use Nero 7 software
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 05:00:26 PM by GX1_Man »

mido

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 07:53:41 PM »

Oh yeah ? i think i told u that[highlight] i tried burning with nero and it failed [/highlight], didnt i ? plz read few posts above

That statement didn't really say a lot like how it failed, what the error message was, etc.

Your quote was:

i tried to write on it but also this couldnt happen .... i use Nero 7 software

OK dude , sorry for the misunderstanding .... and thanks anyway  :)