Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ccleaner  (Read 2496 times)

midwestman76

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • Just keep pounding that drum
    ccleaner
    « on: December 27, 2006, 09:35:19 PM »
    Hello all. Just a comment on the ccleaner.  It does not clean the history from IE or Firefox. I have followed directions from the forum here on what to check in order to clean web browsing history and it just doesn't. any ideas on that? Thanks and I still love this site ;D

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: ccleaner
      « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 02:21:46 AM »
      midwestman76  ....... thats really odd ....... How about posting a screen shot of ccleaner ...when you open it .....  
      one showing the [highlight]windows[/highlight] settings and
      one showing the [highlight]application[/highlight] settings......
      What download site did you get it from ?

I have never heard of anyone having any issues with ccleaner.

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 02:27:11 AM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
        • Obituary
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 04:08:34 AM »
      Something went wrong with your file.Go to site below below download and
      reinstall.

Get the latest version.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
      « Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 04:09:28 AM by street1 »
      Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

midwestman76

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 03:08:54 PM »
        I have followed these directions in my help menu.To make a copy of only the active window, press ALT+PRINT SCREEN.
        To copy the entire screen as it appears on your monitor, press PRINT SCREEN.
         Note

To paste the image into a document, click the Edit menu in the document window, and then click Paste.
        I must be doing something wrong because I can't seem to get a screen shot. can anyone walk me through this.                                 Thanks
                                                                                    midwestman76

Fed

• Sage
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 03:42:46 PM »
          Go into Paint and Press Control-V.

soybean

Genius
          • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
          • Computer: Specs
          « Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 03:43:44 PM »
          What "document" are you talking about?  Try pasting your screen print into Paint and the saving it as a JPEG file.

midwestman76

Topic Starter

Rookie
            « Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 08:34:22 PM »
            OK. I just downloaded ccleaner again.  In the windows everything is checked in internet expl except    last download location and autocomplete, nothing is checked in the advanced section.   in applications  firefox/mozilla all are checked except download history and saved form info. all else is checked from there on down. I just checked to see if it cleaned the web history,  and low and behold nothing has been cleaned from IE or Firefox since I've been online, thats about two yrs worth. Interesting isn't it.

soybean

Genius
            « Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 09:59:42 PM »
            Do you have your browser(s) closed when you run CCleaner?  I just ran CCleaner and it cleaned Firefox cookies, history, and cache.  

midwestman76

Topic Starter

Rookie
              « Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 01:09:11 PM »
              soybean, yea I run the ccleaner after I'm off line. I sent a pm to dl65 and explained  whats checked and whats not, both in windows and applications also I told dl65 I can't seem to save a screen shot in paint as a jpeg, only bmap and the forum says its an invalid format, could it just be this old worn out system I've got, I'm not leaving that out as a possible cause for this problem. :-/

Fed

• Sage
                « Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 01:23:10 PM »
                Use Paint to open a .jpg file then close it and try saving your bmp as a .jpg again.
                Paint is funny like that, it's as if you have to tell it that it can do it.

soybean

Genius
                « Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »
                OK. I just downloaded ccleaner again.  In the windows everything is checked in internet expl except    last download location and autocomplete, nothing is checked in the advanced section.   in applications  firefox/mozilla all are checked except download history and saved form info. all else is checked from there on down. I just checked to see if it cleaned the web history,  and low and behold [highlight]nothing has been cleaned from IE or Firefox since I've been online, thats about two yrs worth. [/highlight]Interesting isn't it.
                Why have you not used other means to clean out the history?  Both IE and Firefox have options under Tools for clearing history, cookies, and cache.  Windows Disk Cleanup will also delete Temporary Internet Files, at least for IE.