Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Only One Mouse Will Work?  (Read 2179 times)

RileyBoy

Only One Mouse Will Work?
« on: December 28, 2006, 09:10:29 AM »
My older computer finally bit the dust and won't work.  I am borrowing a computer that came with a Trackball mouse and find it very difficult to use.  I attempted to put my old "regular" mouse on this newer computer and it keeps telling me it won't recognize it.  I checked through the other messages here and it appears to be hooked up correctly although it is not color specified like I've seen in some posts.  The Trackball is a Logitech mouse while my other one is Gateway/Microsoft.  I switched USB hub ports and it doesn't work in either one.  Can I somehow make my old Gateway mouse compatible with this computer?  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Saviour

Re: Only One Mouse Will Work?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 04:46:56 PM »
If the correct driver for the USB Gateway/Microsft mouse isn't installed on your system, then that particular mouse will not be recognized by the operating system...

Shut down your computer...attach the USB mouse and see if the operating system recognizes it...if it doesn't and you still have the same issue...you will need to download and install  a driver for that USB mouse.  If you are having trouble finding the correct driver...give us as much info on the mouse as possible...model number, etc.

Other wise...try to find another mouse...you can find them cheap...try WalMart.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 10:33:41 PM »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

RileyBoy

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 08:34:09 AM »
If the correct driver for the USB Gateway/Microsft mouse isn't installed on your system, then that particular mouse will not be recognized by the operating system...

Shut down your computer...attach the USB mouse and see if the operating system recognizes it...if it doesn't and you still have the same issue...you will need to download and install  a driver for that USB mouse.  If you are having trouble finding the correct driver...give us as much info on the mouse as possible...model number, etc.

Other wise...try to find another mouse...you can find them cheap...try WalMart.

I have tried shutting down & using the other mouse but that doesn't work.  I looked up drivers last evening but although I am good using a computer, I don't have any technical knowledge of a computer.  The mouse I would prefer to use is a Gateway/Microsoft 1.1A PS2 Compatible.  Does that help?  I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.