Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Impossible To Solve??? Plz Help  (Read 2872 times)

PlzHelp

Impossible To Solve??? Plz Help
« on: January 12, 2007, 06:07:37 PM »
 :-[
Internet Explorer (And FireFox) cannnot connect to server.
I've reseted my settings, I AM connected to the internet. I have Dial-Up, and AOL. Which btw Aol's Browser is working perfectly fine.
Here is the Internet Explorer Error:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the  Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the  Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer  

Here's FireFox:

server not found
Firefox can't find the server at en-us.start.mozilla.com.

*   Check the address for typing errors such as
          ww.example.com instead of
          www.example.com

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
_______________________________________ _______________________________________ ________

Its not my firewall.
I've tried everything BOTH Mozilla, and IE told me 2 do.
This also effects games i try to play online. The games say,
"Could not connect to server, make sure their is not a problem with your internet connection"

Like i said earlier, I can still search the web using AOL's browser, without any problems.

I'm getting new Wireless Internet. I will only be able to use FireFox, or Internet Explorer. So as you can see this problem cannot go on, or i will be utterly screwed.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 06:13:31 PM by PlzHelp »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Impossible To Solve??? Plz Help
    « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 02:39:15 PM »
     PlzHelp  ..... What do have set as your default browser ?

[highlight]How do I make IE my default browser?[/highlight]
    To set Internet Explorer as your default web browser, open Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu, and choose Internet Options. In the window that comes up click on the Programs tab and check the box that says "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser." Click "OK" then close Internet Explorer and restart your computer. Once it has restarted open Internet Explorer and you will be prompted to set Internet Explorer as your default browser. Click Yes to make it the default.

Let us know if you have tried this.

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:39:46 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.