Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Data Recovery Company Recommendations  (Read 3089 times)

kevin_476

Data Recovery Company Recommendations
« on: January 18, 2007, 10:53:29 PM »
Can anyone recommend a data Recovery Company? Like anyone who's had a hard drive crash, I don't want to trust the recovery of my image files to an inexperienced outfit. I have/had a LaCie d2 Big Disk 500GB with about 400GB of files on it. Evidently, the problem is most likely electronic, as there is a small hole burned on the control card. Some of the files are backed up, but not all, and they are all important to me.
It's my understanding that the 2 Maxtor drives inside are RAID O configured, which makes recovering the files more complicated. If it's risky to fix, then I want to use a reliable, established company.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
If you are pretty sure it is the control board, you can do what the recovery company would probably do anyway...that is to replace the electronics.

logan_657

Re: Data Recovery Company Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 01:53:43 AM »
For a proprietary drive like the Big Disk, the easiest and probably the most cost effective thing to do is to buy another drive. Assuming that the circuit board dying hasn’t corrupted the data, you should be able to swap the drives out of the new unit and put your older drives in. If all is well, you will see your data. But if still there is any problem recovering your data then I will suggest you to go to data recovery labs. They will recover your data with a snatch of fingers. Few days ago my friend working in MNC came with a terror on his face. From him I came to know about how he has lost his data, with the system crash. He was supposed give very important information in his company. My friends and me tried our best to recover but failed. Then we decided to go to data recovery labs. The first lab, which we came across, didn’t work out well. Finally we reach SAlvageData Recovery Lab  at   Inc., 76 Progress Drive, Corporate Park, Stamford, CT 06902. Guess what it was just unexpected; he got all his data he had lost. Nice lab I must say. As you go to the lab you must tell them what exactly has happen i.e. how you have lost your data and what you did to recover it but failed etc. etc.
All the best.

LegoLas

Beginner

Re: Data Recovery Company Recommendations
    « Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 08:13:17 AM »
    As recovery utility i'd recommend getdataback
    http://www.runtime.org/.