Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't access a site others can  (Read 2527 times)

justjeannie

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Can't access a site others can
    « on: February 01, 2007, 12:18:55 AM »
    I have a problem getting into a website, that my friends can all access no problem.
    I have tried everything, clearing my history, cookies, etc.
    I have xp and use ie 7.
    The site is http://nfl.getstuff4free.org/
    Would anyone have an ideal why I can't access it? I keep getting Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage? Thanks for any help.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Can't access a site others can
      « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:29:11 AM »
      justjeannie.....  Well theres nothing wrong with the link it works just fine with IE7 ...... There must be something at your end blocking it ........are you connected to some network ? Is this the only site you cant go to ?
      Have you checked to see if its a firewall doing it . Have you tried adding it to your trusted sites ? Tools/Internet options/security tab ..... trusted sites.

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 12:33:07 AM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

justjeannie

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:38:21 AM »
        justjeannie.....  Well theres nothing wrong with the link it works just fine with IE7 ...... There must be something at your end blocking it ........are you connected to some network ? Is this the only site you cant go to ?
        Have you checked to see if its a firewall doing it . Have you tried adding it to your trusted sites ? Tools/Internet options/security tab ..... trusted sites.

Thank you for your reply, This is the only site I can't go too. I am only connected to my DSL Provider, is that what you mean?
        I will check my trusted sites, but how do I check to see if its my firewall? thanks

justjeannie

Topic Starter

Rookie
          « Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 12:41:18 AM »

well i added it to my trusted sites, shut down my browser and tried again and nothing. ugh thanks for any help,

justjeannie

Topic Starter

Rookie
            « Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 12:45:26 AM »
            I just tried shutting off my firewall and that didn't help either.  :-?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 12:58:22 AM »
               justjeannie.....  Have you been able to go to that site from that pc in the past ?

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

justjeannie

Topic Starter

Rookie
                « Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 01:20:48 AM »
                justjeannie.....  Have you been able to go to that site from that pc in the past ?

yes, once or twice. thanks