Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Volume Control  (Read 2237 times)

cfnyy51

Volume Control
« on: February 13, 2007, 07:30:21 AM »
I was wondering if any of you guys knew of a program that allows you to control the volumes of different programs. For instance, if I'm playing a game on the net, and I want to only listen to Itunes (or WMP, whatever), is there a program that exists that allows you to control the volume of different programs?

I think I read that Vista has this capability, but I don't want to test Vista on my comp, nor do I know if it's even capable. But that's a whole other ball game I dont care about right now.

By the way, I have Windows XP Professional.  If that's of any use.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Volume Control
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 08:33:45 AM »
I know of a partial solution to your problem.
If you want to control the volume of, say Firefox, there is an extension available that can.
For other media players, they will have their own volume controls.
I know there is an extension available that can control the volume of sounds within Firefox, for example movies in web pages or Flash games.
Is that what you're looking for?
I'll try and find it anyway.

cfnyy51

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 12:14:46 PM »
That's kinda what I'm looking for.  Actually, that sums it up pretty well.  Often, I'd rather listen to WMP or Itunes while playing a miniclip or shockwave game.  Those games typically don't have volume controls.  Thanks for any help.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 01:06:05 PM »
Hold on another few minutes whilst I find the extension for you then, I got sidetracked and I've been busy since I posted, sorry.
I'm on it now though.
Just a question - what browser do you use at the minute?
Because this will only work for Firefox.
Edit: Can't find the extension, but how's this?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:31:50 PM by Calum »