Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Excel worksheet half off page??  (Read 3343 times)

ljc

Excel worksheet half off page??
« on: February 22, 2007, 09:03:05 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this problem.  I have excel open and it seems that the actual worksheet has been minimised (even though the main excel window is maximised) and the first two columns of the worksheet (e.g columns A & B) are off the page.  Would appreciate any suggestions!  Thanks, ljc.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Excel worksheet half off page??
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 09:05:58 AM »
This is what I understand your problem is - Excel is maximized, but you have a small window inside Excel, which is your worksheet.
You want the worksheet maximized.
Right?
If so, the small window will have close, minimize and maximize buttons, same as the main window.
Press maximize, and it will go back to its full size.
Does that help?

ljc

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 03:18:50 PM »
Thanks so much for your response.  The strange thing is that there are no close, maximise or minimise buttons on the smaller worksheet window... have you ever encountered this before?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 03:42:38 PM »
So, the upper right corner of your Excel window does not show everything circled in yellow in the image below?:

ljc

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 04:21:45 PM »
It has the close, maximise and minimise buttons for the main excel window - but not the ones below that in the circle for just the worksheet window

soybean

Genius
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 05:20:36 PM »
Has it always been this way?  If not, when did this start?  What version of Excel are you using?  When first open a new Excel workbook, do you see columns A and B?

ljc

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 06:01:57 PM »
It is a saved worksheet and it hasnt always been this way. I use it on a weekly basis and last week when I opened it up I found it this way.  When I open a new excel worksheet it is normal.  I am using Excel 2002 (10.2614.2625) version.  It has me stumped!  I have tried just clicking on the top blue toolbar of just the worksheet hoping that it might maximise it and return it to the centre of the page and have tried swapping between full screen and normal screen view - but to no avail!! It has me stumped!

soybean

Genius
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 06:31:31 PM »
How much trouble would it be to copy everything in that worksheet to a new/blank one and see whether that eliminates the problem?

Saviour

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 06:48:53 PM »
Does your version of Excel have the "Detect and Repair" option from the Help menu of the toolbar?

If it does...make sure you have your Office 2002 CD ready in case you need it.

On the toolbar, click Help and then Detect and Repair.  You will have the option to restore your shortcuts when doing the repair.  Click the Start button.  If prompted, insert your Office 2002 CD.

If this doesn't fix the problem...can you tell me if this saved worksheet is a protected worksheet?

Another thing you may want to do, if you haven't already, is to go to the Office homepage and update your version of Office.  Again, you may need your Office 2002 CD available just in case you are prompted to insert it during the updates.

Let us know, either way...

ljc

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 04:11:29 PM »
Thankyou Saviour and Soybean!!  I have the problem sorted!  I ended up copying most of the worksheets (the ones I could access anyway!) into a new worksheet - just incase and then ran the detect and repair.  It worked!  Next time i opened it - I was able to move the window back into place!  Thanks so much for all the input - I really appreciate it!  

Saviour

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 04:49:29 AM »
You're welcome, ljc...

That's what we're here for...and that's what we like to hear.