Hardware > Drivers

Directx corrupting MPU-401 midi and ms WDM sound

(1/1)

Steve 7:
Hi,I had some spyware problems a few days ago (and I think I fixed them...Ad-Aware says I'm clean at least

but I have a slight driver problem...well problems...I didn't know weither to post in the windows forum or here

also some people may remember me from months ago when I had a bunch of questions about formating

well anyway I think directx and mmtask is to blame...everytime I think I've reinstalled my sound drivers fully,I get other problems...such as my modem having a red x or a yellow ! next to it in the computer device properties

the two drivers that keep getting reinstalled...but when I restart next time don't are any sound devices,those being a Gamepad driver (and I don't use a computer joystick so the driver is useless...but it's there anyway) the Microsoft MPU-401 MIDI driver (a MIDI mapper?) and of course my sound drivers...ESS Allegro PCI Audio (WDM)...or basicly my computer's source for sound

now as I said when I reinstall one or more another acts up...the other driver being a WDM Modem Enumerator or the Modem itself!!!

also a few times I've gotten a error when "rebooting to install/reinstall drivers" saying something about MMSystem.dll/MMtask or one of the directx dlls (I'm not sure which one...and Dxconfig doesn't work either)

I have tried reinstall drivers,reinstalling directx,etc.

my manufacture Compaq has given me some links to updated drivers...two fo them being modem ones,one being a update for my system BIOS and two different Sound driver ones (one off compaq's website,another off ESS Tech's ftp)

compaq now says the only way to fix this (like they say to me to begin with on ANY Problem) is to format/do a full "restore"

I think this is a sound driver problem so can anyone help me with this?

my computer specs are:
Processor 800Mhz Intel Celeron
RAM: 128 MB RAM
Computer: A (old according to hp tech...even tho it's just over 3 years) Compaq Presario

Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone on this site for the help  ;)

Steve 7

Steve 7:
 :o oook now I got the sound back (by doing the one thing compaq said NOT to do!...reinstall windows)but...when I adjust the volume now it "automaticly" adjusts itself down to nothing....werid....maybe it's the wdm audio drivers?

Raptor:
Perhaps you did not need to reinstall Windows.

Did you properly format before reinstalling Windows?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version