Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Default email client doesn't work  (Read 3127 times)

TheresaT

Default email client doesn't work
« on: March 04, 2007, 04:33:26 PM »
Hi
My client is running Outlook 2000 with SP3 and since 3 weeks ago when you go to send a document via word or excel etc through the send as attachment it keeps coming up with the message that "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request.  Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client"

I have done as that and gone through IE Options, Programs and set Outlook as the default email program, but it is still not working....

Anyone help?

Blonde as they come!!!!

TheresaT

Re: Default email client doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 04:50:57 PM »
Might also help if you know that we are accessing outlook via Citrix.  
Also running MDaemon and Exchange.  All users having problems no matter wether they using Mdaemon or Exchange

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Default email client doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:43:31 AM »
I have no experience with Citrix or MDaemon but, after taking a look at some info on them, I'm inclined to think you've got an unnecessarily complex setup there with the combination of Citrix, MDaemon, and Exchange.

Here's a quote from http://www.altn.com/Products/MessagingSolutions/MDaemon/ : "Outlook users can share Calendar, Task, Contact, Notes, and Journal folders without the expense or expertise required by Microsoft Exchange Server."  This implies that MDaemon is an alternative to Exchange.  So, why are you using both?  

What version of Windows are you using and what version of Citrix? This reference, For: Access Gateway Standard Edition and Access Gateway Advanced Edition, Version 4.5, says,
Known Issues for this Release

1. After installing the beta Secure Access Client on Windows Vista, the client computer might not be able to connect to network resources. If this happens, uninstall the beta Secure Access Client, restart the client computer, and then install the beta Secure Access Client again.

So, I think maybe you need to uninstall Citrix as a first troubleshooting step and see whether resolves the problem.  Don't reinstall it until you've tried doing email with it uninstalled.  And, if that doesn't work, then you need to determine whether there's some conflict in using MDaemon and Exchange together.