Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Freeze  (Read 1803 times)

NREOH

Computer Freeze
« on: March 10, 2007, 02:56:36 PM »
My Dell Inspiron 6000 recently started to freeze. I turned it off manually and then when i tried turning it back on the noise came on, the green lights went on but no visual display and within 5 seconds everything is gone. After about 15 or so attempts it comes back on but usually freezes again within a few minutes. I haven't added any new hardware and rebooted the cpu but the problem is still persisting. I had a problem recently in that the power adaptor was broken and while it could keep the computer powered it didn't recharge the battery. I only mention this because often plugging the computer into another power adaptor will make it come on instantly, however it usually stalls again
Any help would be very much appreciated

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer Freeze
    « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 08:19:31 PM »
    Is it under warranty / did this 'freezing' start after the power adapter was broken?  

If under warranty, call Dell and have them repair it.

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Shimada_Kanbei

Re: Computer Freeze
    « Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 01:54:56 PM »
    Try changing the power adapter. Insufficient power will prevent other units from functioning properly. Like ale52 says if it is in the warranty period let Dell take care of it don't do anything or better keep the seals intact. If it is Dell's fault they will replace it. Hope this help :) ;) :D ;D 8-) :-? ::) :P