Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ATI card won't wake up Sceptre monitor  (Read 2907 times)

phokur

ATI card won't wake up Sceptre monitor
« on: March 27, 2007, 03:27:36 PM »
I have an X800GTO graphics card. It worked fine with my Sceptre monitor while the vga cable was hooked up. I recently found my dvi cable and decided to give it a try. It works great until either I go into standby or the monitor shuts off, then it will not wake back up. Any ideas?

phokur

Re: ATI card won't wake up Sceptre monitor
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 08:26:11 PM »
*bump*
No luck? I went back to my VGA and the monitor works fine, I just hate that I paid for DVI and can't use it.  :'(

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 02:39:17 AM »
Try installing the latest drivers for your graphics card.
What model is the monitor?
You could try the monitor on another PC with the cable, or another DVI monitor on that PC so you can see what the problem is.

phokur

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 10:04:23 PM »
Ok I know it's been awhile but here is my update because I know there are others with my same problem. I have a X20WG Naga btw. I sent it to be RMA'd, got it back and was told it was fixed. It is not. I think this could be a specific conflict between ATI and Sceptre. I found out that simply turning the monitor off and back on will be enough for it to lose signal. However, yanking out the DVI connector and reconnecting it will USUALLY bring the dusplay back up. Cycling the power on the monitor doesn't seem to go anything. Any ideas anybody? Has anybody seen a DVI on-off switch so I can just disconnect my monitor when I don't need it?

phokur

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 10:18:24 PM »
hmm... it seems unplugging it from the wall and turning it off from the monitor give different responces. If I cycle the power button it refuses to show. But it seems if I just unplug it, I can plug it back in and the screen comes right back up. If it's that simply all I need is a surge protector and I can just kill monitor power when I leave. Can any of you forsee if this will shorten the life of the monitor? It does seem alittle abusive to kill all its power all at once.