Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: audio doesnt work  (Read 3413 times)

truepolakx4

audio doesnt work
« on: April 07, 2007, 10:36:27 AM »
i recently reinstalled windows and installed all the drivers needed, including audio drivers, but my computer still doesnt recognize my audio device.  :'(help please?

Lurch

Re: audio doesnt work
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 11:45:34 AM »
not entirely sure, but have you downloaded SP2?   If so, how "new" is the sound card?  Maybe you can search for XP compatible drivers.

or the even more strangely obvious thats over looked, is to check your sound settings uner controll panel (the speaker icon) and see what your default audio settings are, sometimes a reinstall sets those to default, and you need to select the card to use, or it even may be on mute.

im not real sure what else, thats all i know to chk.  Hope it helps or leads you to the answer.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 11:45:54 AM »
How did you determine these were the correct drivers and where are they from ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

truepolakx4

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 04:33:28 PM »
i have a drivers cd with my os cd that automatically detects whatever hardware u have that doesnt have its drivers installed, and installs the drivers for it. i also dont have sp2, i have yet to download that

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »
Do that next and try re-installing the drivers...some were written specifically for systems with SP2 installed///

truepolakx4

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 05:05:12 PM »
alright ill give it a shot and tell u how it went

truepolakx4

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 06:25:03 PM »
*censored* no luck. is there maybe a BIOS setting that can enable it

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 09:52:29 PM »
Why don't we start with the motherboard make/model and the audio device. If you don't know you can run Everest Home.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

If you didn't disable the audio in the BIOS that shouldn't be the issue. What caused the need for a reinstall?

truepolakx4

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 07:08:13 AM »
i installed a new video card and everything got messed up with the drivers so i was just like eff that and reinstalled windows

truepolakx4

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 10:13:32 AM »
the audio device is a creative soundblaster pci and the motherboard is an intel one

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 10:18:48 AM »
Creative made a ton of different soundcards and Intel made even more different MBoards...follow GX1_Man's advice posted above.

truepolakx4

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 09:37:21 AM »
okay specifically the motherboard is Intel Rexburg D845GRG but i cant find out the specific audio card name cuz since the computer wont detect it its not listed in everest