Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "input not support" message  (Read 4821 times)

mal

"input not support" message
« on: April 17, 2007, 03:31:11 PM »
I have Windows XP Professional with the Services Pack 2 ( it's a copy). I reformatted my hard drive two days ago. It was easier than I thought it was going to be. It only took about forty minutes, and then I had to re-install Office, and all of my other programs, as well as my internet and email stuff. This took about 2 hours. I installed my AVG, spybot, ad aware and I was thrilled beyond believe when my computer was fast again, just like when I bought it three years ago. But I started getting this message to scan the registry, which I did. I had 45 errors, but of course, it won't fix them unless you buy the registry kit, which I didn't.  Anyway, the computer was running very smoothly, but I wanted to change the appearance of my desktop by making the font smaller. I've done this before a long time ago. Anyway, I went into the control panel, and slid the ruler thingie, and I didn't make it past 2 markers before my computer went blank and I have this annoying box that says "input not support" bouncing all over my screen. I've tried re-booting countless times, but I don't get past the opening WindowsXP screen ( as it's loading for about five seconds), before the screen goes black again and I have that annoying little box bouncing around again. I was told it was the video card, but that doesn't make any sense, as I wouldn't have any picture at all without a video card, would I? I was thinking it might be a virus, but how can I fix it if I can't get into my computer? And what does "input not support" mean? I have an AMD Duron processor 1.3 GHz, 512 mg Ram, 80 gig hard drive that's partitioned into 2 - 40 gig drives. I've tried F8 and DEL and get two different BIOS screens, and I've tried re-booting with the CD but it doesn't work. Any ideas? I'm going out of my mind....

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: "input not support" message
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 03:52:09 PM »
Did you re-install all your drivers after the format and re-install including the MBoard and vid card drivers ? ?

It's possible the Mothership has caught up with your "copy " of XP....
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Raptor

Re: "input not support" message
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 06:23:37 AM »
Press F8 before Windows loads and choose VGA Mode. Install proper videocard drivers afterwards..