Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need help please, computer doesnt work  (Read 1913 times)

bart2502

need help please, computer doesnt work
« on: April 25, 2007, 02:02:25 AM »
well i had to shut down my power to my house, so that someone could come in a put a new light switch in my house. well i turn on my power switch and then come back inside and turn on both of my computers and only this one works while the other doesnt. the monitor is working on the other computer. someone told me that it could be my power supply in my cpu and i should try disconnecting something from the motherboard and put a paper clip near it and see if the fan works. could someone give me a better detail on what to do, or give me advice on what could be the problem. it is an e-machine by the way. thanks a lot  :)

GX44

Hopeful
  • Never Stood A Chance!
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: need help please, computer doesnt work
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 03:10:02 AM »
I highly doubt putting a paperclip "near it" will fix it.
... and if it does, you may have found a niche in the market ;)

please give as much detail as possible about your system... CPU, RAM, etc...
"Bob Loblaw's Law Blog"

bart2502

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 03:30:34 AM »
its an emachine 40gb, 256k mb. i dont know what else you want me to put, just let me know. oh and the paper clip thing was to figure out the problem not to fix it, haha. sorry if my wording was hard to understand

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 04:26:22 AM »
A model number and age of the machine would be helpful. eMachines have notoriously poor power supplies and can also take out other components when they fail. Was the computer running when the power was shut off? Other previous problems?