Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer Automatically Prints at the same time everyday  (Read 2256 times)

Ujomah

Printer Automatically Prints at the same time everyday
« on: May 02, 2007, 06:56:13 AM »
The printer is a Hewlett Pakard Laserjet 4100 and the machine its connected to has Win2k service pack 4 .Everyday at around 2pm the printer starts printing whether Im using it or not.Its been doing this for about 3 weeks now.I end up having to unplut it or stop the process.Any suggestions on what option Im overlooking thats causing it to do this?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Printer Automatically Prints at the same time everyday
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 08:40:35 AM »
Do you have some documentation (print, CD-ROM, PDF, HP's website, etc.) on that printer?  Have you thoroughly looked at the features in the printer software, accessing it from Windows Control Panel? 

I have a Canon BJC-3000 that I owned for several years before I discovered that I could set it to automatically power on when a print command is issued.  Prior to that, I always manually turned it on.

Ujomah

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:30:24 PM »
I dont have documentation or the cd but I have been using google a lot.Im not really finding anything related to my situation BUT..........thank you for the help...I did what I should have done from the beginning.I downloaded the drivers...uninstalled it...reinstalled it and it seems to be ok for now.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:34:29 PM »
OK, thanks for the feedback.  Glad to hear you resolved the problem.  Come back anytime.