Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC Shuts down / Restarts on itself  (Read 2205 times)

sbablani

PC Shuts down / Restarts on itself
« on: May 02, 2007, 11:43:23 PM »
Hi All, i seem to have a similar issue

As soon as i turn on the PC it shuts down on itself and also restarts at times in approx 10-15 minutes of turning on. Further i've checked the temperature and voltage using the intel motherboard utility and all seems normal. The power supply and the CPU fans are also working fine. The problem does not occur while working in safe mode.

The recent change i made in the PC was installation on Office 2007, however i dont feel this could be responsible for the problem.

Its Windows XP SP2, P4 2.8ghz, 512MB Ram, Additionally i've also installed an AGP graphic card long back.

wud b really gr8 if any of u can provide ur views n suggestions

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: PC Shuts down / Restarts on itself
    « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 12:12:25 AM »
    sbablani ...... You might try checking the event log to see if there are any entries which correspond with the shutdowns ....... Perhaps that will give you a clue.

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 07:45:32 AM »
    wud b really gr8 if any of u can provide ur views n suggestions

What the heck. You typed this really neat and proper post and all of a sudden it degraded into something Myspacey..

Do we have to be worried?

Anyhow, go into safe mode and see if it happens there. If it doesn't, it's a software problem and I think it's time for a virus scan and/or repair installation.

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
      « Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 08:12:19 AM »
      problem does not occur while working in safe mode.

thats all i can offer to you raptor and op lol for the moment

sbablani

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 03:10:28 AM »
      sbablani ...... You might try checking the event log to see if there are any entries which correspond with the shutdowns ....... Perhaps that will give you a clue.

dl65  ::)

Hey am not that of an expert, i dont know much about the event logs. Could be breif me more on this??

anyways thanx fot reply