Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no sound from cdrom headphone jack  (Read 3198 times)

blackaley

no sound from cdrom headphone jack
« on: October 23, 2004, 07:31:40 AM »
I recently upgraded my computer from windows 98 to windows me.  Upon doing this, I have now lost the sound output from my headphone jack on the front of my cd rom.  The speakers still work fine but there is no output on the jack.  Any help would greatly be appreciated.

merlin_2

Re: no sound from cdrom headphone jack
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 11:02:22 AM »
check  the back of the cdrom drive to see if the single  grey cable from it is connected  which goes to  the motherboard is  also connected...

blackaley

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 01:17:03 PM »
Thanks for the advice but there is a cable already installed from the cd rom over to the motherboard.  When I disconnect this sound cable I lose my sound to my speakers.  Another side note to my problem is that the cd rom has a button to play the cd directly which then allows the headphone jack to work properly.  Any more suggestions would be a great help.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 02:24:44 PM »
Another side note to my problem is that the cd rom has a button to play the cd directly which then allows the headphone jack to work properly blackaley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
wiggle the jack plug on the headphones or fiddle with the button...what cd drive is this?all my drives dont have this button...and an after thought turn the volume control knob up which is on the cdrom drive?M_2

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 05:24:47 PM »
..I recently upgraded my computer from windows 98 to windows me....

That's a downgrade not an upgrade.  Go back to Win98.