Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Slave hard drive problem  (Read 3714 times)

mo1986

Slave hard drive problem
« on: May 08, 2007, 05:35:44 PM »
Hi:
I have three hard drives, one master and two slaves. I also have only two unused IDE cables therefore I can only have two hard drives at once and not all three. The problem that I'm facing is that last time I opened my computer and changed the connection between the two slave drives and when I turned on the computer, on "my computer" I had the drive C (master) and drive D (slave). When I open D the drive was empty  :o well visually empty but physically full. Last time that I used it I remember it was full but now it is like the files are here but not here. I can't see them but when I right click on it and go to properties it gives me that the drive is full. Any help to get my files back would be nice.
Thank You in advance.

GX1_Man

Re: Slave hard drive problem
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 03:50:56 AM »
And when you right click on that drive in My Computer and choose properties what is everything that it says? Were these slave drives originally formatted NTFS or FAT32? What version of Windows?

mo1986

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 10:38:05 PM »
Sorry but everything is back to normal thank you for your input anyway.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 03:59:22 AM »
Sometimes we are just that good.  ;)

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 07:50:44 AM »
     :-X

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!