Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't save my program's settings  (Read 2136 times)

Hiltz

Can't save my program's settings
« on: May 10, 2007, 08:57:01 AM »
I'm having a problem with my laptop :'(

Whenever I open up a program then open up its settings and modify it then click o.k, the next time I open up the settings for that same program, the settings have changed back to what it was before I modified it...i can't seem to save my settings.

The main problem I'm having is with the programs that automatically run when my computer starts up. When I open up the program, access its settings and uncheck the checkbox that says "run at startup", it automatically rechecks itself when I open up the settings for the program therefore I can't stop it from running automatically when my computer starts up.

My main concern is why I can't save my program settings. I don't think any virus is causing it because I scan my computer frequently and also update my definitions frequently.

Please can someone help me out  ???

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Can't save my program's settings
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 08:59:51 AM »
DLoad and install a nice little app called Startup CPL by Mike Lin...it puts an icon in Control Panel that gives you complete control on what runs at startup no matter how stubborn the program....
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

contrex

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 10:05:45 AM »
I can only agree 100% about Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel item, I've been using it for years, and it's the first thing I install when I install an OS on a machine. It has saved my bacon more times than i care to count.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 10:53:37 AM »
He has written some tasty little apps over the years.

I haven't seen anything new from him in awhile though.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "