Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Express - message restore  (Read 3567 times)

melll

Outlook Express - message restore
« on: October 24, 2004, 11:06:04 AM »
I accidentally deleted my message files (dbx) and when I restored them fom the recycle bin the Outlook Express program did not recognize these files, except for Inbox.  They are in the folder where the stored messages should be.
How do I get the program to recognize and list the Deleted Items and Sent Items files?
Any ideas?

merlin_2

Re: Outlook Express - message restore
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 11:10:07 AM »
Rant why do people use this program<isp web-mail is better save disk space also i use it once that was enough for me sorry for the rant ;)> info on oe here>http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/kboe.htm

melll

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 12:03:49 PM »
What does your rant mean?  Please explain.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 12:09:14 PM »
Rant= moan/ complaint /winge etc.....try tools options?in oe or drag and drop the folder/file...or just rename xyz..123
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 12:10:30 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 12:10:39 PM »
What does your rant mean?  Please explain.

Merlin was trying to explain that web based mail services are much safer and take up no storage space. Such as Hotmail and Gmail.

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 12:19:57 PM »
Thank you raptor my old mate for  backin me on this one...we have our conflicts ;D but we do seem to have  a common goal...solving the mysteries..of the humble pc...go in peace my son...<listening to norman green baum spirit in the sky attm>

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 02:22:14 PM »
..solving the mysteries..of the humble pc

Always room to grow.  ;)