Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows ME Computer Crashed - How to restore? HELP, please.  (Read 2288 times)

fullmetal_punk

Alright, so this computer is a Windows ME and all of a sudden, it crashed. The computer, afterwards, would start up normally, and then nothing would happen. All icons on the desktop were gone, clicking on one would bring up nothing. Nothing would work. Everything is gone, obviously. We were out of town for a week, and we came back and it is still the same.
We found the start-up disc thing (in this case, it is a floppy), and we inserted it and tried to see what it did, if we could restore it. Nothing is happening still. Is this computer completely gone, or can we still fix it somehow?

GX1_Man

Re: Windows ME Computer Crashed - How to restore? HELP, please.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 07:14:59 PM »
What is the make and model of the computer? Do you have a Windows ME CD? Any CD's that say Microsoft on them? How about some (any) clues about the actual hardware? Did you have malware protection running? Any recent problems?

Before we can pronounce it dead or alive we need to know what the patient looks like.