Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error using Outlook with Yahoo Email Address  (Read 2789 times)

bje483

Error using Outlook with Yahoo Email Address
« on: May 21, 2007, 06:34:29 AM »
I have been using Outlook with Yahoo for over a year now, and recently became unable to send outgoing emails. I recieved the error written below and have been unable to find helpful information. There is no problem with my internet connection, and the website it offers provides no assistance at all. There are also no messages in my outbox, and in an attempt to fix the problem I also deleted all 'sent messages'. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Task 'Yahoo Mail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted.  If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: 553 From: address not verified; see http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/edit/alternate_email/index.html'

Sid

Apprentice
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Error using Outlook with Yahoo Email Address
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 06:57:06 AM »
    Do you pay for your yahoo account?

I think they've changed things so you can't use a mail client unless you pay for you email address...

bje483

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:48:25 AM »
    I don't pay for it, but I don't think i have to. i know hotmail has changed their accounts and you have to pay, but not yahoo. i can still recieve messages as well, its just getting blocked up when i send them.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 08:18:40 AM »
      Try changing your outgoing port from 25 to 80.  25 is the default SMTP port and 80 is the one you use to get on the Internet. 

I have the same problem with AT&T as they upgraded me and after that I can't send from Outlook.  I've switched to Thunderbird and don't have any problems.

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

bje483

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 08:28:28 AM »
      If i wanted to change my outgoing port, how would I? Do i have to call my ISP?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 02:04:43 PM »
        No.

Outlook/Tools/EmailAccounts/Next/choose your account/Change/More Settings/Advanced.  Here is where you make your change.

Alan <><  :D
        I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

bje483

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 03:13:36 AM »
        Alan thanks for your help. i have made the change and am still not sure if it has worked.

My outlook keeps saying 'sending message 1 of 3' and then fails to send. i can recieve emails no problem.
        I would simply like to cancel those messages permanently, but cannot seem to. There are no messages in my outbox or sent items.
        Any ideas how I could go about deleting them? Or is there anyway to find out which messages they are/ who they are to? Until these 3 are gone I cannot really be sure that things are going well.

Thanks for your help anyone.