Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor Trouble  (Read 1696 times)

colonelbogey

Monitor Trouble
« on: May 21, 2007, 06:44:32 AM »
Running Windows XP Compaq Presario.  Purchased computer and monitor new in 2003.  Monitor is an Aquaview 7GS View &View.  Monitor works and displays images but I'm begining to have problems.  In the last 3 months when restarting the computer the monitor begins to make clicking sounds as if it is turning itself on and off at high speeds.  Once I hear windows loaded properly this was easily fixed by turning the monitor off then turning it back on.  I was begining to have the same problem when the computer screen goes black (just before loading a computer game)  The same solution applied to this problem by simply turning off the monitor and then turning it back on.  Today cycling the power on and off does not restore funtion to the monitor and I am unable to view image of game.  Monitor still works in windows.  Screen resolution has not been changed for over 2 years, and I've played the games in question many times before. 

Is it time to get a new monitor or is ther something I can do to save the monitor?

Raptor

Re: Monitor Trouble
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 08:49:21 AM »
Try testing it on another PC before discarding it.

If you can't. Try another resolution/refresh rate: 800x600@60Hz should be low enough for it to work properly, if it doesn't; try installing newer videocard drivers and obtain monitor drivers from the manufacturer.