Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to reassign what program my digital camera opens with?  (Read 2064 times)

roccenstein

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    I just bought my daughter a used digital camera (Fuji) and after installing the software, I connected the camera to the PC.  Since it was the first time connecting it, the box popped up asking me how I wanted to open it, so I figured I'd try to see if the software for my camera (Canon) would work (it didn't).  Anyway, the problem is I accidentally clicked the "always use this option" when I connected it the first time, so now it does it automatically which means the only way to access pics from the camera now is to open it as an external drive and take them out one at a time.  Is there any way to reassign what program the camera opens with?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: How to reassign what program my digital camera opens with?
      « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 06:01:52 PM »
      roccenstein ....Have you tried uninstalling the camera as well as the camera software . Rebooting the machine, then reinstall the camera software ....and then connect the camera....hopefully you will get the open with option again.

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.