Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer not detecting my pen drive  (Read 2174 times)

black-kage

Computer not detecting my pen drive
« on: May 28, 2007, 11:25:00 PM »
Yo I've got a pentium 2 computer(I know its already outdated) ,running on windows 98. Recently I bought a pen drive and though I've already installed the driver required for it to work my P.C isn't detecting it.
Note that my computer has only 2 usb ports to which I've connected a  keyboard and mouse(my PS/2 ports are not working-seems like my computer is going to heaven  :'( ) My question is: Are the drivers for my keyboard and mouse conflicting with the one for the pen drive?

thx for any help.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Computer not detecting my pen drive
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 11:38:54 PM »
Are you sure you have the correct driver for the right operating system?
I don't think the mouse and keyboard drivers would affect other drivers. If it is a fairly new pen drive, 98 might not support it.

What brand pen drive do you have?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Computer not detecting my pen drive
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 06:53:45 AM »
... Recently I bought a pen drive ....   Note that my computer has only 2 usb ports to which I've connected a  keyboard and mouse(my PS/2 ports are not working-seems like my computer is going to heaven
Hmmm, you have two USB ports and they're already occupied?  How were you planning to connect the pen drive?   :o