Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wireless keyboard and mouse??  (Read 2374 times)

imanidiot

wireless keyboard and mouse??
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:53:41 AM »
hey guys i just brought a new keyboard and mouse which runs by usb to replace my old ps/2 ones. but when i plugged it in and installed the drivers and rebooted they still wont work. wat am i doing wrong??? the brand is laser

contrex

Re: wireless keyboard and mouse??
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 02:31:02 AM »
have you put batteries in them? My wireless keyboard and mouse use AA cells.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 04:26:00 AM »
You probably need to use the old PS/2 keyboard and then go into the BIOS and enable USB keyboard and legacy USB support.

Always keep a PS/2 keyboard you never know when you may need
to access that BIOS.
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

imanidiot

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 11:01:50 PM »
ok done all that and it worked fine. untill i shutdown. now only the keyboard works but the mouse now wont. the batteries are charged up tho, i dont understand one minute it was working and the next it's stopped. wat happened?????????

contrex

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 12:32:14 AM »
Click a button. Maybe it has gone into power saving mode. Wireless mice go to sleep to save the batteries which run down fast, much faster than the ones in the keyboard. My el-cheapo Trust wireless "desk set" has this really annoying mouse that hibernates after about 30 secs of inactivity, and you have to click a button to wake it up. It came with 2 NiMH rechargeable AA cells and a power/charging wire that plugs into the wireless "base station" but even in this mode it goes to sleep. It is a pain in the @ss. Also it is ugly and looks stupid on the desk. I hate it and I went back to my USB mouse with a wire on it and I just use the keyboard, which I really like, in which the batteries last about 6 months.

imanidiot

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 01:29:32 AM »
ive already tried that and still nothing even it happened as soon as the windows login came up i tried my mouse and nothing. so i redid the connect thing and still nuffin???

contrex

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 01:32:35 AM »
If you gave us the maker and model, we could go to the maker's web site and read the troubleshooting hints, since you seem unable to do that yourself?