Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop not charging  (Read 2438 times)

HelpMe000

Laptop not charging
« on: June 03, 2007, 04:55:19 PM »
Hello. I have had my laptop for over a year and just all of a sudden it has been having charging issues. At random times when I startup my computer the battery just doesn't charge. But when I shut it off the light goes orange and starts charging. Just recently when I turn it off it charges for 15 seconds then the light goes off for a second then stays on for another 15 seconds. I don't understand what is going on can someone please help me?

LtRyan5184

Beginner
  • EMS Supervisor
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Laptop not charging
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 06:11:23 PM »
i know on most computers if the battery is low and orage battery light comes on are you sure its not the low battery light, if not you might just need a new battery or charger, What kind of computer is it, be specific.

HelpMe000

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 10:41:48 PM »
i know on most computers if the battery is low and orage battery light comes on are you sure its not the low battery light, if not you might just need a new battery or charger, What kind of computer is it, be specific.

Well on my computer orange means charging. I have a Toshiba Satellite M55 laptop. I also already had an AC adapter problem with the one it came with 2 months ago. It kept making a constant squeaking sound and stopped charging all together. So I bought a replacement adapter and everything has been working fine until recently. The computer starts up and runs everything just on the battery but it does not charge at all when on.

HelpMe000

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 11:34:16 PM »
Oh and also I just took out the battery and tried to startup the laptop just on the AC power and it isn't working. I have no problem paying for a new battery or adapter I just want to know what I need to get I don't want to buy a bunch of accessories and still be stuck with a laptop that doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Chilly

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 05:50:50 AM »
    Uh oh... I think you might have the same problem with me before, I have the Toshiba A100-SK9 and it was my first laptop, when I bought it and got home, it charged for abit but 2 days later it didn't hold a single charge. When I brought it back, they told me that my system was defective!!! So in otherwords, your system, too, MIGHT be defective.

HelpMe000

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 07:54:54 AM »
    Well I have had it for nearly 4 months. It might just be the charger which I got on Ebay over a month ago.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 04:06:21 PM »
    I'm guessing it was a used charger ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

HelpMe000

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 04:54:09 PM »
    The guy was claiming it was new but it was cheap price. I am thinking I should just buy another adapter. Think it is safe to say?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 07:17:51 PM »
    Yep.

Does it have the manuf. logo on it or is it a generic one ? ?

Used electronics are similar to used cars...sometimes it's a gamble.

HelpMe000

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 12:37:11 AM »
    It just says Replacement AC Adapter. You think I should just bite the bullet and buy a more expensive one?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 03:15:10 PM »
    It just says Replacement AC Adapter. You think I should just bite the bullet and buy a more expensive one?

Yep.