Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't install  Windows XP    (Read 3601 times)

Plumber

Can't install  Windows XP  
« on: November 01, 2004, 11:03:14 AM »
I have this HHD western digital of 20 Gb. that had Windows Me. i decide to format the disk and i used a crack copy of Windows XP Pro that i have. I delete the existing partions, created one new partition ntfs, and when the set up star to install windows. right about 70 % of the installation stop telling me that the copy of windows was not original and that couple of files were not original from windows.I try format again didn't work. i try another copy of windows crack didn't work. please help.
Plumber.

Raptor

Re: Can't install  Windows XP  
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 12:07:35 PM »
and i used a crack copy of Windows XP Pro

Geeh, I wonder why they tell  you not to pirate software...

Oh that's right, because unless you do it yourself, it's never 100% reliable. Especially not a pirated OS.  ::)

MalikTous

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 05:25:16 PM »
Buy a WinXP license, redo the partition and format install to wipe the drive, and try again... It should work if you set the floppy or CDROM, as appropriate, as 1st boot device in BIOS.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 05:26:28 PM by MalikTous »

Plumber

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 08:53:06 AM »
Hey, Am sorry i was out of town for efew days. i jut did get u reply'
I can understand the reasons that u r giving me, but what i cann't get is why this is the only machine that is telling me this with the same OS.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 02:10:41 PM »
could be that the phantom thirty-days activation has expired...