Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Recovering a overwritten MS Word document.  (Read 2890 times)

jcwbl

Recovering a overwritten MS Word document.
« on: June 09, 2007, 07:06:04 AM »
I am using Word 2000 under XP and accidentally saved a blank page instead of the one page of text I had been working on.
Is there any way I can recover or get back the previous page before I saved the blank page.   Has it been “saved” somewhere by Windows XP” or by Word?
I did not have the "Version" feature in operation.
Any help would be appreciated. 
...... jcwbl

The Saviour

Re: Recovering a overwritten MS Word document.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 04:28:54 AM »
If you didn't save the page you were working on (the one with text), there's a strong possibility...it's gone.

If you open Word...and click File from the toolbar...expand the menu...you should see the most recent documents you were working on.  Word has an auto save feature that usually will save a document you are working on, but it usually asks you before it does this.

If you didn't save the file you were working on, or saved a blank document with the same file name, then it was overwritten and that document is history.

It's a good idea to name the documents you are working on and save them as you go along...just in case something like this happens.