Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my computer wont boot  (Read 1776 times)

smelius

my computer wont boot
« on: June 18, 2007, 09:43:08 AM »
My computer is about 2001 it is a PC and I have my own hard drive in it.  Until recently the computer has worked without any kind of issues. I currently dual boot Linux Ubuntu and Windows XP. Recently I installed a 5 1/4" floppy drive using appropriate cables and the all of a sudden the computer won't even read the hard drive so it wont boot. Does anyone know whats wrong? I'm kind of under the gun here so any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Silencer_RPMs

Re: my computer wont boot
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 09:50:45 AM »
do you get power to your HD? if you do check the settings on the drive. If thats ok then go into the bios and try to detect the drive.

TehGerg

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 12:10:20 PM »
I don't have a ton of experience with 5 1/4 floppy drives but could it be a jumper setting between drives conflicting?

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 12:30:18 PM »
    Remove the 5 1/4 drive.  Does the system boot now?  If so, check your jumpers/cabling/BIOS setting and reinstall.

Alan <><  :D

I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!