Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't Open up yahoo or gmail email  (Read 6721 times)

dkren37

Can't Open up yahoo or gmail email
« on: June 20, 2007, 10:37:33 AM »
I recenlty deleted some programs on my computer to free up some disk space, I just deleted the ones I have not used in a while.  I don't know which ones I deleted.  I have Windows 2000 and us Internet Explorer for my search engine.  Ever since I deleted the programs I have been having problems.   I can still surf the web, but I can't open yahoo email or gmail.  I can go to the yahoo page and see that I have email but it doesn't allow me to access the email.  All I get a basically a blank page with some links on top.  Also, I can no longer play video on many of the news websites I frequent.  CNN, MSNBC, FOXNEWS.  There are some sites I can play video on.  I also can not open many links as well.   My main issue is I need to access my email.  I also have email from work which is web based which I can not access either.  And I can not access anything from work from my home computer anymore.  I have been told that the java scripting may have been deleted, I have made sure that it is enabled.  Someone else told me to reload Microsoft 2000, I can't because this computer was built by a private person and I don;'t have the disc for that.  I do have an old copy of microsoft 98.  Can anyone help?

dkren37

Re: Can't Open up yahoo or gmail email
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 12:55:13 PM »
Someone mentioned that they downloaded a different web browser and it helped them so I tried that.  I downloaded netscape and it worked!! I can now access both my gmail and yahoo email.  I am still not able to play video with Windows media player, when I try to open Windows Media Player up states that an "Internal Application Error has Occurred"  Does anyone know anything I can do about that?
Thanks!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Can't Open up yahoo or gmail email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »
Go to Start / Run and type in sfc /scannow and hit Enter...have your Win2K CD handy as it will ask for it.

Let it run to completion and re-boot.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "