Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: hardware failure  (Read 5364 times)

vincent kawonga

hardware failure
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:22:01 AM »
 The motherboard is quiet  ok but it fails to show a display so i need help

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: hardware failure
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 08:31:15 AM »
I read your post and I'm suffering from information overload.  I think I may have to let someone else from the posse handle this.   :-\

GX44

Hopeful
  • Never Stood A Chance!
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 08:56:53 AM »
Yeah Vincent,
your gonna have to give us more info to work with...

what brand/model is your mobo? other hardware specs etc...

What do you mean "it fails to show a display" ? when you start the computer, is there no display at all or are you getting any sort of prompts? is it POSTing?
"Bob Loblaw's Law Blog"

uesquebeathus

Intermediate
    « Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 10:47:44 AM »
       I remember once being in a computer store while a customer purchased a computer, distinctly saying that they did not want any so called software or anything else for that matter they could manage quite well without all that rubbish.
      The next week i was in the same store while the same customer argued about the computer not working they said it just came up with some blue green writing then nothing, and it was the counter sales person had sold them a dud and they were going to get a lawyer and take them to court.
    Please give as much information regarding the Specification and components of your computer and a note about what you were doing when the problem arose and any other relevant thing that you think may help.