Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Interent Connection Trouble  (Read 1920 times)

DeneasNan

Interent Connection Trouble
« on: June 28, 2007, 11:07:59 AM »
Hi everyone:  I just updated my system by installing Windows XP.  Now I cannot get my cable internet connection to connect.  I turned off the cable and let it sit and then turned it back on, but still no connection.  Do I just need to call the cable company?  Also, my screen is off to the left with a black strip on the right and top and bottom.  Not all my icons show.  How can I get a full screen or centered?  Thanks.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Interent Connection Trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 02:48:03 PM »
internet connection:
Check out your device manager by right-clicking on My Computer and selecting Manage. In the window that pops up, go to the Device Manager. Look through the list of devices and see if there are any devices with a problem. (small yellow icon will be easy to spot) My guess is you need to install a couple device drivers to get everything back to normal.

monitor:
It is probably a problem with the monitor itself. Explore the on-screen menu by using the buttons on the monitor. There should be an option to reset or auto-adjust. That should be all it needs.